Time to Apply for Advanced Learner Loans for Part Time Courses

Error message

Deprecated function: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in _menu_load_objects() (line 579 of /home/workandb/public_html/includes/menu.inc).

Part-time students can now apply to Student Finance England for Advanced Learner Loans for the academic year 2016/17.CSmall Cartoon Character next to a pile of books

There are  no credit checks as eligibility doesn’t depend on income  but there are are other  eligibility criteria:
Age:  You must be 19 or older on the first day of your course (for courses starting on or after 1 August 2016), for courses starting before 1 August 2016 you must be aged 24 or older on the first day of your course.
Your Course: must be  a Level 3, 4, 5 or 6 qualification, e.g. A Levels, graduate certificate or foundation degree   and  at an approved college or training provider in England You can check this out with your intended course provider  Different funding is available if you want to study in Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales.
Nationality / Residency status:
You must usually:
• be living in the UK on the first day of your course
• have been living in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man for 3 years before starting your course
• be a UK national or have ‘settled status’ (this means there are no restrictions on how long you can stay)
For up-to-date information students should bookmark student finance zone on The Student Room: 
To Applyy  for an Adult Learner Loan: Check with your college or training provider that the course qualifies.
Ask them for a ‘Learning and funding information’ letter - you need this to complete the application. It contains the details about your course.
Apply online - you’ll need to register first. You can apply by post if you can’t apply online.
There is also a Loan Bursary Fund: provides help with some costs while studying, e.g. childcare, travel or trips related to your course.

It is important to remember  that your loan will have to be paid back once you have finished the course and you are earning more than £21,000 a year. You can get help and money advice from the Money Advice Service.

You should allso make sure you are on the best possible course to meet your career /life plan. Impartial careers advice can help confirm your choices.  Checkout  how Work & Beyond can help and contact us to discuss further